Monday, July 14, 2014

Wedding Fever

After a long hiatus, I am back -- and I have wedding fever!  My wedding is just around the corner and not long ago one of my favorite fashion muses, Olivia Palermo, got married.  From the low-key, private countryside ceremony to her non-traditional wedding dress, I am totally gushing over her wedding.  She wore a beautiful tulle skirt over shorts, paired with a light cardigan and her hair pulled back in a perfectly-tousled ponytail.  She looked gorgeous (when doesn't she?).  For those that haven't seen her wedding pictures, here's a look.  For the rest of us, let's just relive the glory.


Anyone that knows me knows that I have a total obsession with shoes, and I love that Olivia added a bit of spunk and wore the infamous Manolo Blahnik "Something Blue" pumps (yes, the ones Carrie Bradshaw wore to marry Big).  And, if you're as obsessed with Olivia's stunning Carolina Herrera tulle skirt as I am, you can find something similar from BHLDN:

The tulle skirt pictured here is worn over a beautiful beaded gown (also from BHLDN).  You could forego the gown and wear the tulle skirt over a simple cocktail dress (I tried it and it looks gorgeous!) or follow in OP's footsteps and wear it over some shorts!

Did I mention this is only part 1 of the OP+JH wedding fun?  I am looking forward to seeing what she will wear for part 2!  

Photos: Olivia Palermo and BHLDN

No comments:

Post a Comment